Back injuries are those injuries which result from damage, wear, or trauma to the bones, muscles, or other tissues of the back. Common back injuries include sprains and strains, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae. The lumbar spine is often the site of back pain. If you have suffered from a back injury the question is how to claim back injury at work?
If you have injured your back at work and want to know how to claim compensation for a back injury?
What are the symptoms of a back injury?
- Muscle ache.
- Shooting or stabbing pain.
- The Pain which radiates down your leg.
- Pain that signifies worsens with bending, lifting, standing or walking.
- Pain which improves with reclining.
What are the Causes of back injury at Work?
The following task can cause a back injury:
- Any trips fall, or slips which happen at work.
- The workplace arrangement is inappropriate or the chairs are broken.
- Heavy Loads or repeated lifting of heavy objects which are to be carried on a daily basis.
- Industry and manual labor tasks of a heavy nature.
- Tasks which are related to manual packing which can be repetitive and strenuous.
- Driving long distance causes back injury because the seats are unadjustable or not suitable.
- The Posture- related issues are the main reason for the back injury when the work is associated with computer work.
Can I make a back injury claim at work?
If you have suffered back injury at work through no fault of your own then you are eligible to make a back injury claim at work.
The types of claims which causes a back injury include:
- Lifting and moving objects.
- Slips trips or falls.
- Falling from the height.
- Office or workplace items falling from height and landing on you.
What Types Of Back Injury Can I Claim For?
The types of back injuries which you can claim for are:
- Prolapsed discs.
- Ligament damage.
- Tendon damage.
- Soft tissue damage.
How to claim back injury at Work?
If you have injured your self at work and you want a back injury compensation claim, just draw your attention here;
- Make sure that accident and injury details are written in company log book or in the computer system.
- If the injuries are more serious go to the emergency department and take photos of the injuries if visible.
- Ask the witness to send you the email of what he saw at the time of the accident. This can help as a strong evidence of the witness
How much compensation can I claim for an accident causing a back injury at work?
|Injury to the shoulder||Minor||Up to £6,000|
|Injury to the shoulder||Moderate||£6,000 to £9,700|
|Injury to the shoulder||Severe||£14,600 to £36,500|
|Injury to the neck||Minor||Up to £6,000|
|Injury to the neck||Moderate||£6,000 to £29,250|
|Injury to the neck||Severe||£34,575 to £112,750|
|Injury to the back||Minor||Up to £9,500|
|Injury to the back||Moderate||£9,500 to £29,475|
|Injury to the back||Severe||£29,475 to £122,350|
|Paralysis||Quadriplegic||£246,750 to £307,000|
|Paralysis||Paraplegic||£166,500 to £216,000|
Why use our Specialist and call for a free advice to know how to claim back injury at Work?
If you’ve suffered an injury that affects your spinal cord, our serious injury specialists could help with your claim, making sure that you get all the support you need for how to claim back injury at Work?
Most claims our specialist handle are on a No Win No Fee basis*, meaning you won’t have to pay any legal fees if you claim isn’t successful. By taking advice from our specialist for how to claim back injury at Work, they will ensure you get all the details and get the maximum output for your suffering.
Check Eligibility here to arrange a free initial consultation about making a claim.