Can passengers in car accident claim compensation? At the time of traveling in a vehicle hit by a negligent driver, or a passenger in the car that caused the accident, you are eligible to make a car accident claim compensation.
Typical car passenger injuries
- head injuries, including concussion.
- spinal injuries.
- broken bones.
- other serious injuries.
Who Can be liable for compensating a passenger in a car accident?
Below are the potential parties who may be liable for compensating a passenger are:
- The driver of the car the person is riding in.
- Other Driver who cause the accident.
- The defective part of the vehicle caused the injury, here the compensation is to claim against the automobile and parts manufacturers.
- The road repair work or design caused the accident can be claimed against the municipality who acts as a third party.
- Own insurance policy at the time of medical coverage.
What Are Potential Problems in Passenger Injury Claims?
The noteworthy issues that can arise and delay the claim compensation.
- Disputes about negligence,
- Multiple claims.
- Comparative negligence.
What can a passenger claim for after a Car Accident?
If you have been injured as a passenger in a car accident, there are a number of costs and expenses which you may have encountered.
- General damages include the injuries you have suffered such as whiplash.
- Where the help of caretaker is been taken, the care claim is to be filled.
- Loss of earnings this relates to the wages you might have earned, had it not been for the accident.
- Medical Expenses and the traveling expenses, which include your visits to a private healthcare facility, medication, or any medical equipment like crutches, wheelchair, etc. required after the accident.
How Can passengers in car accident claim compensation strengthen their claim?
The passenger needs to take care of this information as below:
- Getting the insurance details from the other driver who is involved.
- Other vehicles information is to be recorded.
- Please note down the weather condition, date, day and time of the accident.
- Take the photographs for evidence.
- Get the information about the witness.
- Medical treatment and records of the same.
How Much Compensation will I get for as a Passenger after a Car Accident?
Injury Sustained The severity of the Injury Compensation Shoulder Injury Minor Up to £6,000 Shoulder Injury Moderate £6,000 to £9,700 Shoulder Injury Serious £9,700 to £14,600 Shoulder Injury Severe £14,600 to £36,500 Spinal Injury (Paralysis) Quadriplegic £246,750 to £307,000 Spinal Injury (Paralysis) Paraplegic £166,500 to £216,000 Neck Injury Minor Up to £6,000 Neck Injury Moderate £6,000 to £29,250 Neck Injury Serious £34,575 to £112,750 Arm Injury Moderate £14,600 to £29,800 Arm Injury Serious £29,800 to £45,500 Arm Injury Severe £73,100 to £99,500 Back Injury Minor Up to £9,500 Back Injury Moderate £9,500 to £29,475 Back Injury Severe £29,475 to £122,350 Jaw Injury Minor to Severe £4,900 to £34,600 Cheekbone Injury Minor to Severe £1,775 to £12,000 Damaged Teeth Minor to Severe £830 to £29,000 Leg Injury Moderate £21,100 to £29,800 Leg Injury Serious £29,800 to £41,675 Leg Injury Very Serious £41,675 to £64,275 Leg Injury Severe £73,150 to £103,250 Brain Injury Minor £1,675 to £9,700 Brain Injury Moderate £32,725 to £166,500 Brain Injury Severe £166,500 to £214,350 Brain Injury Very Severe £214,350 to £307,000
Call for Free Advice from a Specialist
Please do not worry if you question that can passengers in car accident claim compensation? Our Specialist can suggest you many ways in which you can seek compensation for your injury. Just Check Eligibility here.
Our specialist offers a no obligation free discussion via telephone and they can provide you with a quick decision.
Fill in the form below and we will introduce you to a claims specialist for your specific injury.