Why do call centres call me? And how do call centres obtain my information?
Ok, we’ve all done it, had that call and hung up after realising it’s another call centre? Or continued the call to question how they have received our contact details but how do call centres obtain my information? Well, let me explain…
Call centres thrive off money. Without money, there’s no business. So you may wonder, how do they make their money? Call centres usually get paid a percentage of the total claim. Either from yourself under a NO WIN, NO FEE claim or they get paid directly from the claims management company that will be dealing with your claim.
There are three types of call centres that work around Personal Injury Claims.
One of which work directly for the claims management companies, the second who work in conjunction with the claims management companies and the third who will sell your information onto a claims management company to complete your claim.
Honestly, most call centres buy their data from data companies who sell your information for a profit.
Companies will often tell you how they only have contact details for people who have completed telephone survey and opted-in to receiving further information from third parties. This typically makes up 60% of the total data purchased. The remaining 40% of data originates from leads including tailor-made telemarketing campaigns, email bulletins, email campaigns and referrals.
Which yes, this may have some truth behind it but remember there is a new law in place meaning that companies that continue to make unsolicited calls in violation of the new rules will be fined up to £500,000 by the
Information Commissioners Office. People previously had to opt out of the communications by registering with the free Telephone Preference Service or withdrawing consent from each company individually. But the new powers will force firms to ensure they have the recipient’s permission before calling.
Did you know that British adults have received 2.7 billion unsolicited calls, texts and emails offering to help them make a claim in the past year! That’s an average of 50 calls per person.
Of course, we understand it’s hard to know whether they are there to help you or just there to gain a profit from you. But please remember if you are going to pursue your personal injury claim through a call centre then please do your research beforehand.
We suggest that you start by filling out the simple form below to find out how much personal injury compensation you could be entitled to and then seek advice from there.